Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 January 2018

USEFUL ENGLISH PHRASES/ QUESTIONS YOU MAY WISH TO ASK WHEN TRAVELLING ABROAD.

Everybody loves going on holiday, but visiting an English speaking country may be rather stressful if you don’t speak the local language.  So, in order to get the most out of your stay abroad, make sure you know these important phrases/ questions regarding the weather, sightseeing, getting around town, going to a restaurant and going to the airport.



I-ASKING ABOUT THE WEATHER 

What will the weather going to be like tomorrow?
What’s the weather forecast for today/ tomorrow/ the weekend?
It is a beautiful day for a walk? 
Is it hot or cold?
What's it like out there?



II- SIGHTSEEING 

I need some sightseeing advice.
I'm going sightseeing, but I'd like to get your advice first.
Where would you recommend I visit tomorrow? 
Can you give me some advice about going sightseeing? 
Where shall I begin my sightseeing?
Which places of your city would you suggest visiting?
Are there any hidden treasures you’d recommend?



III-GETTING AROUND

How do I get around town?
How does public transport work?
Is it easy to get around town without a car?
What’s the best way to get around?
Where can I find a bus/taxi?
I’d like to travel from _______ to __________ by train/ coach. Where can I find informations about departure times and prices?


IV-EATING OUT

What’s a good place to eat?
I need a suggestion for a restaurant here in ______.
Are there any good restaurants around/ near here?
Could you tell me about one or two good restaurants?
Where can I get something to eat?
Are there any good restaurants/ bars in walking distance? Which ones do you recommend?
What about the price?Is it very expensive?
Do I need a reservation?/ How can I make a reservation? How can I book a restaurant in…?
Can you name restaurants in this area that serve local food/  food from other countries?
Is the tip included?


V-GOING SHOPPING

Where is the best place to go shopping?
What’s a nice place to go shopping?
Where’s the most authentic place to go shopping for_____?


VI-GETTING TO THE AIRPORT 

How can I get to the airport?
How much does it cost to get to the airport?
How can I get a taxi to the airport?
How long do I need to get to the airport?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname