Total Pageviews

Monday 3 April 2017

'WHAT CAN I DO', A SONG BY THE CORRS





The Corrs are an Irish band consisting of siblings (three sisters and a brother). They became very popular during the 1990’s playing a blend of pop, rock and Irish traditional music. ‘What can I do’, from the album ‘Take on Corners’ became one of the band's most known hits worldwide. Personally speaking, the Corrs have proven to be one of the best and most successful bands to come out of Ireland since U2 in the early 1980's.

When I use music in my classes, I want my students to go beyond just listening to the song. Actually, I want them to develop their speaking skill by analyzing the song lyrics. This activity allows the students to look more closely at the meaning of “What can I do’, by the Corrs, which talks about ‘unrequited love”.

The song worksheet is appropriate for both pre-intermediate and intermediate students.

For Students: 

Listen to the song and do the tasks. 

For teachers: 

Pre-listening
  • Warm up students by asking them about what they already know related to the song/ band. You can ask questions as 'Who sings this song?' 'What’s the meaning of ‘unrequited love'?

While-listening
  • Hand out the worksheet and ask students to carry out the tasks. Then check answers with them.

Wrap up activity

• Students sing along with the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname